De La Rue Scholarship Programme
The De La Rue Group in collaboration with University of the West Indies (UWI) and the Eastern Caribbean Central Bank (ECCB) grants the £9,300.00 Thomas De La Rue Scholarship to an eligible citizen of the Eastern Caribbean Currency Union (ECCU) every two years. The awardee is selected on the recommendation of a selection panel which includes representatives from UWI, the ECCB and the Saint Christopher (St Kitts) and Nevis Economic Society.
Number of Awards:
One (1) scholarship every two (2) years.
Value of Scholarship:
9,300 per annum.
- Eastern Caribbean Currency Union (Anguilla, Antigua and Barbuda, Commonwealth of Dominica, Grenada, Montserrat, Saint Christopher (St Kitts) and Nevis, Saint Lucia, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines) nationals accepted to pursue full-time studies leading to the M.Sc. Economics Degree in the Department of Economics at any U.W.I Campus.
- Applicants should have, as a minimum, an Upper Second Class Honours Degree, preferably in Economics.
- Although all areas of Economics would be considered, preference will be given to candidates who chose a programme of study that emphasises macroeconomic policy.
- Candidates must be committed to working in the Caribbean after completion of postgraduate studies.
Method of Selection:
The award will be made on the recommendation of a selection panel comprising representatives of the U.W.I, the ECCB on behalf of the De La Rue Group Plc. and the Economic Society, Saint Christopher (St Kitts) and Nevis. Applicants will be required to attend an interview.
Conditions of Renewal:
Satisfactory academic performance and general conduct as certified by the U.W.I.
How to Apply:
Each applicant is expected to submit a detailed resumé (including career objective, extracurricular activities) and a two-page statement outlining:
- how the M.Sc. Economics degree will contribute to the applicant’s career plans;
- how the M.Sc. Economics degree will contribute to the region; and
- reasons why the applicant should be awarded the scholarship.
Apply Online, click here.